MOVING RETAIL OPERATIONS FORWARD WITH IIOT
We’re beyond digital couponing. We’ve progressed past RFID tracking, digital signage and alerts on mobile devices. In the case of the Internet of Things for retail, there are opportunities for supply chain optimization, store efficiencies, new ways to become competitive and capture mind share.
RETAIL SECTOR USE CASES
Industrial Internet Consortium members are exploring and enhancing key uses of IoT for retailers such as:
- Predictive equipment maintenance (store refrigeration, power efficiencies, transportation equipment etc.)
- Warehouse automation and advancement such as inventory control and temperature monitoring
- Connected consumers and enhanced experiences, connected platforms from store to home
- Supply chain optimization, including route tracking and improvement, and automated pricing adjustments
- Smart stores: analyzing traffic patterns, using video analytics to extract actionable insights
In 2018, the manufacturing-focused Industry Leadership Council was launched with a core group of innovative strategists representing eight manufacturing organizations who are setting the vision for next generation solutions in the manufacturing industry. These organizations are instrumental in furthering our understanding of industry IoT adoption successes and obstacles, defining and refining implementation best practices and offering expert guidance. We are expanding our Industry Leadership Councils and will be launching additional Councils focused on other industry sectors. Click the button in the left column to learn more and apply to participate.
For more information, please contact?[email protected].
- Neuromarketing - The Art and Science of Marketing and Neurosciences Enabled by IoT Technologies
- W.I.F.M.? “What’s in it for me (WIFM)?” -- Customer Focused Thinking and IIoT Innovation